Tuesday 23 October 2007

The Terminator

You wouldn't know it to look at me, but I'm partial to a good action movie.

So when I caught The Terminator movie on TV last night I thought I'd finally get round to watching all of it.

I've seen Terminator Two all the way through, but for some reason have never got to watch all of the first one.

I have to say that I was disappointed.

I really enjoyed Terminator Two, but the beginning of the series doesn't really grab you in the same way.

I think a lot of that is down to the special effects.

The prosthetics are obvious in the scenes where the terminator is pulling his eye out and that undermines the menace intended.

It has been a while since I've seen the second one, but I'm sure the special effects were better and the action was a bit more full throttle.

That probably says a lot about me: I like my action movies fast and in your face.

Although on that basis alone I should have liked Too Fast, Too furious - needless to say I thought it was awful.

The premise of The Terminator movie is original, but I think they play on that more in the second one and it comes off semi-intelligent.

Couple that with better action sequences and it's a damn good watch.

I wonder what I'll finally make of Terminator Three...

No comments: