Saturday 1 December 2007

How to throw up in ten new ways...

I've been being good this weekend and staying in to do work, which means my breaks are taken up by T.V.

So it was that I found myself in front of How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.

I never really know where I stand with romantic comedy.

Sometimes it hits the mark, sometimes I want to strangle myself.

This fell under wanting to strangle myself, but finding myself with nothing else to do I sat through right to the very end.

The premise of the film is fairly simple: lead man makes bet that he can stay in a relationship for ten days, he hits on a girl who is writing an article about how to lose a guy in ten days.

Excited yet?

Lead girl proceeds to commit all of the dating faux pas known to man: being clingy, talking in a ridiculous baby voice, naming his member princess Sophia.

But, what's this?

The lead sticks with her, he smiles through all that she throws at him with the intent of winning the bet.

And here's a bit of a spoiler (if you're too dumb to have worked it out already): the girl and the guy fall for each other, despite her driving him nuts.

WHAT?!?

At what point does she prove herself anything but irritating: the one weekend with his parents?

This film fails to be particularly funny, it's all a bit to obvious and it's too absurd to be romantic.

So perhaps they should give it a new category: love starved tragedy, perhaps.

Don't watch it.

I feel the need for a shower now.

No comments: