Friday 24 February 2012

Blinded by Brother and Bones

I found myself at The Borderline to watch a rather longer and more sultry set by MOYA.

Her accompanist on this occasion was Tom Figgins and he did a lovely job.

However tonight's main event were something of note.

Brother and Bones was introduced to me as a cross between Mumford and Sons and Kings of Leon.

I disagree, they put me in mind more of more classic 1960s folk rocked up in a sensory explosion.

These guys are tight as, it's scary to think how much they've been practising.

More than just a pretty face

Do not be fooled by the Aragon look alike front man, this isn't just a group of pretty boys.

Some tracks can err on the more generic folk rock end, but as a whole it was a blinding set, I haven't stamped my foot so hard in a long time.

To older listeners they may prove on the derivative side, but they certainly know how to rock a joint, the atmosphere for both acts buzzed like a randy bee.

No comments: