Thursday 23 February 2012

Ok nerd, speak

I went to the festivalof the spoken nerd the other night.

I was told it would be geek comedy, I wasn't really sure what to expect.

The spoken nerd wasn't really comedy in the traditional sense, it was more an excited collection of cool old toys and pretty funny indie style songs.

I did laugh, I did enjoy myself, but it put me more in mind of fringe theatre than Live at the Apollo.

We were invited into a world of silly cuteness, that reminded me mostly of what it was like to be seven in a good science lesson.

Star Turn

I was invited onto the stage twice thanks mainly to the place that I was sitting.

It was not too embarassing and quite fun, but I did feel thoroughly stupid.

I don't know, all these clever people.

Tiffany

The normal style comedian called Tiffany that they had on was less of a highlight, she warmed up but you could feel her nerves and she often misjudged her audience.

But I would definitely go again it was a great giggle and left me returning home with an spring in my wintery step.

Nerd on, spoken nerd, nerd on.

No comments: