Thursday 2 February 2012

Posh food pithy prices

In these 'times of austerity' I find I'm rooting through toptable again in search of reasonably priced gastronomic explosions.

There are a dizzing array of eateries offering offers, but somehow I'm not inspired.

Maybe it's the cold limiting my food choice to 'somewhere near by', or maybe it's the fact I haven't gone out for a posh meal in so long that I've forgotten what to look for.

Toptable is amazing, I really rate it as a site and a concept, but it does have it's pitfalls.

You can't literally click on a street and say: "there, tell me about the food options just there".

But then maybe this is the problem with the internet world, we've become so used to options on a mouse click that if it isn't spelt out for us in big red letters within the first 10 seconds we lose interest and give up.

We no longer walk the streets with our eyes and ears open looking for what new things the world has to offer, instead we stare at computer screens, get irrate and go nowhere.

Well I'm going somewhere, because the house gets dull, y'know.

I'm off to The Three Stags, where it's warm, friendly and tasty.

Viva la local!

No comments: