Thursday 3 May 2012

Voting for the London assembly

So, I've voted and you know what it felt good.

Not because I feel that it will make everything magically perfect, but because I'm saying I want to be part of something.

I want to be involved in what happens in my city.

It doesn't always mean that I'll have time to help with everything.

A wounded city

If I find myself in the middle of another riot I won't necessarily be there with a broom the next day to clear up all the mess.

But the fact that there has been rioting in the areas that I care about has concerned and saddened me and I want to vote for the people who I think also care.

Not the ones that think flinging accusations around and getting heavy handed is the answer, but the ones that recognise there is a serious problem that needs fixing.

Often I feel I am not a large enough part of the solution, but I want to help and that's a good start.

Voting

I also live in a country that seems wise enough to allow people a say in how their world is governed, I am privileged and I want to be a part of that process.

So if you live in London, this is your chance to say something in some small way about where you would like our future to develop.

You don't have to smash everything up.

Just put a few crosses in a few boxes.

No comments: