Wednesday 31 July 2013

A brave proposal

My friend posted me a message on how to write better last night and it made me do the scariest thing I have ever done: I proposed to someone.
 
He has already dumped me, so it's kind of a strange place to be proposing from.

Hi, you know how you've decided you don't want to be with me anymore, let's get married.

Wait, this doesn't make sense

What has this got to do with the message from my friend?

It said to be a good writer you had to say things that were difficult, take chances and you had to reveal things about you.

The proposal was just written on a piece of paper.

True romantic

I'd meant to make something for him to show him how I felt, but the way that panned out that didn't seem possible.

I also wanted to take him to the place where we first kissed.

But marriage like everything else isn't a fairy tale.

Here goes nothing

I'm going to propose like the true mad feminist writer that I am.

I'm being brave.

You can say no.

But at least I was brave enough to ask finally.

He doesn't want me back, but I'm going to leave this up, because I'm going to stay brave.

No comments: