Thursday 26 June 2014

Are all men insane?

A while back I was coming home from a night out and a guy sidles up to me on a bike and says hello.

I look suspiciously side ways, after all: who tries to get a girls attention past midnight in the street?

Then I relax, he looks friendly and very young.

But then he starts scooting along next to me asking me whether I've got a boyfriend etc etc.

The age gap

"I'm too old for you." I say

"How old do you think I am?" He asks.

I consider him for a moment, "17" I guess.

He puffs himself up.

"I'm 19" he says.

"I'm a lot older than you." I say.

He asks me how old and I point out there's more than a decade between us.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to make him stop.

Persistent

He continues to follow me on his bike.

Now insisting he could come in for a cup of tea.

How many times does a girl need to say no?

He's very sweet, but I am baffled.

He is young and clearly confident, why the hell is he chasing someone my age?

All the time

Add to this today I got a compliment on my legs while wearing sodding jeans on a sunny day.

Are all of you guys mad that you feel the need to approach women in this way in the street?

Couldn't you find a better approach?

Is it just this road?

It seems to happen here a lot, does this normally get you dates?

No comments: