Tuesday 12 May 2015

Post election alarm

I ran away to Greece for the recent election, I think given the result it was the best place for me.

The result reduced me to tears, coming unexpectedly late since on results day I was insulated from the shock on an idyllic Greek island.

My initial hopes that the SNP might align with left wing parties were destroyed fairly fast with Sturgeon wading in with further devolution demands, change the record missy you don't sound much better than the BNP (not linking to them) that way.

Painful realisation

Now that the initial bitter jokes in my mind are wearing off the reality of what straight Conservative government is beginning to hit.

The stories coming through are making me jumpy to say the least.

So the woman touted for equalities is anti Gay marriage, something Cameron at least had claimed that he was behind.

Human's don't need rights

They're throwing around ideas of abandoning the human rights act, something that protects all of us from the worst excesses of human cruelty.

Seriously, there is nothing controversial about protecting people with the law and from degrading treatment and the right to marry if they wish.

I thought they were nasty, I didn't realise they were quite that nasty: are they aiming on a police state?

No comments: