Wednesday 1 June 2016

Think Trump, think Enoch

It was with great sadness that I wrote my last post, but as I realised that some people might not have the true context of what I was trying to convey I will be more elaborate.

If you're currently following the US elections, think of Enoch like Trump.

A fear monger.

History

A man who saw any Britain that accepted too many people from abroad being instantly ruined and swept with unimaginable violence.

He really did use the words "rivers of blood", a term that Thatcher was later to echo in a speech many years later, despite the rivers never appearing.

He tried to whip up racial tension at a time when London was struggling and to capitalize on the pain that British people were feeling to win votes for an insular nation.

Why the hump?

His picture has been used in the campaign by the Brexiters, which immediately made me view the whole thing extremely darkly.

This man was not celebrated by broad minded people.

He was stirring up fear and frenzy among good hard working people.

Hence the comparison to Trump.



No comments: