Monday 21 August 2017

Perspective

Many of you will already know about the terrorist attack on La Rambla in Barcelona, the youngest of the victims was reported to be just eight.

Barcelona is a truly beautiful place with a welcoming spirit and a creative culture.

Why anyone would want to attack it indiscriminately is beyond me.

Strange contrast

Yet within days of this lectures are reaching me about increasing regulation of online bullying.

While I do not agree with all the online abuse that has become a larger and larger feature of our everyday reality.

I am cautious of an over reaction.

The suggestion was that online abuse would lead to a Charlottesville situation.

Scars

I realize mental abuse builds up in a person and can too be truly damaging. 

Only, you can turn a computer off, you can ignore the comments, you can delete the e-mails.

I would rather focus still be focused on more traditional bullying, which leaves faces bruised and families missing a loved one.

No comments: