Sunday 28 October 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I went out for Halloween last night to Koko in Camden.

The night was called Guilty Pleasures .

I remembered reading an article about the night in the paper a couple of years ago and so I was a bit sceptical.

You see Guilty Pleasures is a night devoted to those songs that you don't like to admit that you like, but that sounds like a nightmare of cheese to me.

So I turned up ready to be disappointed.

For the first three songs I was visibly cringing.

They were awful, cheese at its worst and I spent a lot of time going to cheesy nights at my Uni. in York.

But then it started to get better they turned to more what I'd call classic cheese: Michael Jackson's Thriller and Dolly Parton's Nine to Five.

The thing is I don't mind admitting that I like these songs, I think they're pure pop class.

So I ended up having a really fun night.

The male dancers were the most hilarious camp display that I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure if it was really worth the hefty ticket price, but then it was Halloween.

No comments: