Wednesday 31 October 2007

Music to my ears

Reading the Guardian today I came across an article that said that Warren Buffett, a US billionaire, said he should be paying more tax.

I couldn't believe it.

The billionaire even raised the point, regarding rich lobbyists: "Who represents the cleaning lady?"

This is a billionaire that I can respect, he cares about the little people and thinks politics should be defending them.

Or maybe it just indicates just how unfair US taxes have become that even the rich recognise their inequity.

But I prefer to think that he is just a very public spirited billionaire, who recognises his debt to society.

Even the "wannabe" trendy Richard Branson hasn't come out and said he should be paying more tax.

So Mr. Buffett I salute you.

There should be more like you.

No comments: