Wednesday 24 October 2007

My wonderful Peace Lilly

Many months ago now I rented out Hot Fuzz: as a piece of cinema I was distinctly disappointed by it, It was no Shaun of the Dead - and don't get me started on Run Fat Boy Run.

I'm off on a tangent though.

My point is this: the main character is obsessed with his Peace Lilly, I took one look at the plant and I was in love.

So a few weeks later on a trip to Wisely I was inspired by all the plants to wonder with innocent intent around the Wisely shop...

I found a Peace Lilly, I was in ecstasy (I'm sad OK).

I bought it for the princely sum of £8.95 and took it back to my room to sit on my windowsill.

It all started fine: it was pretty, I watered it.

However then I discovered that it didn't need that much water to stay moist, and for some reason the flowers were going green, here is where it all went wrong.

I stopped watering it regularly and sort of forgot about it.

Remembering it all of a sudden one fateful day, I rushed watering can in hand to its side to discover all of the large flowers had gone brown.

There are some small flowers that survived white as before, but they are very small.

Now I don't know what to do, not being a keen gardener - as you might have guessed, should I pull off the brown flowers in the hope that the other flowers will be strengthened by this and grow to their full height or should I leave them be?

Answers on a postcard please to: Sarah's Horticultural Disasters, Greensville, London.

No comments: