Tuesday 20 November 2007

Delicious (Oishii) Suishi

I've developed a bit of an obsession with Sushi lately and it would seem that I'm not alone.

Tokyo has been lauded by Michelin, they now have no less than eight three Michelin starred restaurants.

Two among these serve nothing but Sushi.

On top of this a further three of these offer purely Japanese food.

I think this is a wonderful development: my current favourite dish given the very highest of gastronomical accolades.

Amazingly enough the three remaining restaurants actually serve French cuisine, I bet the French didn't like that...

But back to the sushi: I've sampled a fair few Sushi restaurants both here and abroad, I'm not a connoisseur, but Michelin having done all the hard work for me I'm tempted to go tramping off to Tokyo.

I am only worried that I might be let down by what is at least presented as being the world's best sushi.

Then there is the issue of the price.

Sushi has a tendency to be a bit expensive, though it was very cheap when I had it in Taiwan, so a Michelin starred Sushi restaurant - my mind boggles.

Then of course I've got to stump up the airfare to get to Tokyo and pay for a hotel before I even get near the food.

Still a girl can dream.

When I'm rich and famous I'm going to fly to Tokyo and try all the Michelin starred Japanese restaurants.

Although by then I may well be obsessed by another food.

No comments: