Thursday 15 November 2007

When people rise above it.

One of the survivor's of the 7/7 bomb attacks has spoken up against longer detention.

Even having gone through a traumatic terrorist attack this woman is still willing to stand up for liberty and democracy.

She said that the extending the 28-day limit, which she added was already too long, would hand the terrorists "something of a gift".

I couldn't have put it better myself, but if anyone who is qualified to offer thier opinion this woman is.

She's actually gone through something that could shake her faith in the way our society is run.

Yet she still thinks "I've always been impressed by this nation's commitment to freedoms and I am concerned that ministers are taking events like July 7 and using them to undermine freedom and democracy."

I hope that if the time ever comes I could be as brave.

No comments: