Tuesday 29 April 2008

Kate and Boris. I'm sorry, what?

I used to respect Kate Hoey, Labour MP for Vauxhall.

I thought she was a good MP: she seemed principled and embraced grass roots activities.

Then today I read that Boris Johnson wants to use her as an advisor for sport should he be elected for London Mayor and she's agreed!

It doesn't end there in looking into this revelation I also found out that the, so I thought, sensible Ms Hoey is the infamous Chair of the Countryside Alliance, a group which has been attempting to channel funds to opponents of Labour.

She even has a column for the Daily Telegraph.

And again: I'm sorry what?

Just shows I don't read the sodding rag.

She has sensible positions on things like the war on Iraq and Trident renewal, but it seems she is a bit schizophrenic politically - or at the very least confused.

Maybe I should get in touch and talk it through calmly with her.

Point out the inherent contradictions, but I have to be honest I'm a bit scared about what she would say...

This election is worrying enough with the prospect that Boris might win or at least push it to second preferences, I didn't need this as well.

No comments: