Sunday 12 December 2010

The minds of the future: the tuition debate

The vote was cast over the value of putting through young people through university.

Verdict.

Well, it's real expensive you see, and so we can't afford it, but you, with no voting rights and possibly no jobs, you can.

27,000 for tuition sound fair, aside from your living expenses, of course?

You can start paying back the 27,000 when you're earning over, say, 21,000.

Never mind if you haven't got houses yet, houses are overrated.

The hypocrisy of power

I mean some of us we have to have two, but you lot, you don't need one.

Oh, did I mention that on top of all this you'll be paying for our wages.

And, most of us didn't have to pay anything.

But times have changed now, we're important and that.

We have to do what's best for the country.

Because borders are more important than young hope and aspiration.

What do I think of all this?


Well I've written to my MP, now I'm going to write to every Lord I can find the name of to ask, politely, if they could ask the V.I.MPs if they could re-think this.

And for the record I haven't thrown a rock at anything yet, but I'm getting painfully tempted.

Better get back to reading those Ghandi books that I was introduced to while I was studying.

No comments: