Wednesday 15 February 2012

A modern angel

I find myself at The Bedford, a beautiful local pub with an amazing Sunday roast, but I digress.

I'm here to see MOYA, a new up and coming artists with eclectic class: all fedora, long skirts and crocheted tops, and I hate doing clothes descriptions.

MOYA's set is paired down and acoustic with only one accompanist playing keyboard and guitar.

Her set starts with Heroine, truly a song to break the heart, delivered in a fragile yet soulful voice that almost whispers at points, while still packing a soul styled punch.

The set casts a spell, at times more jazzy, but always captivating.

All comes to a close with the song Walk Away and I find that's the last thing that I want to do.

It is only left to raise a glass to MOYA and her warm ringing tones.

No comments: