Sunday 29 April 2012

Decision time again London

London goes to the polls on thursday to decide on the mayor and the london assembly.

I have never felt so negative about a vote.

I am not fired up, I don't feel that I am going to be able to change anything.

I feel flat.

Maybe it's because despite his idiocy I feel that Boris Johnson will win again.

When he got in I was crest fallen to say the least, even though part of me expected it.

Now with two far right candidates standing and conversations of apathy all around me I fear that nothing will ever get better.

We will present our city to the world with a man that I despise and for whom I have no respect.

I think I know who I will vote for, but I've given up trying to persuade anyone.

Everyone seems to like living in this inequitable, money obsessed and dehumanising city with a man that wants the congestion charge to shrink by the second and has the nerve to use language you don't even hear in BNP party political messages.

London I love you, Boris I hate you, please vote.

Politics is not a dirty word.

No comments: