Tuesday 7 May 2013

A very hyperactive dog

I'm not great when it comes to tracking down my keys.

I'm great if I've got systems and things are in an ordered phase.

But if things go a bit haywire then keeping my mind on where my keys have been last placed gets more taxing.

Adult advice

As a result, my mum decided it would be good to get me a dog shaped electrical device that would bleep at me when I whistled for it.

Sounds great doesn't it?

Your own plastic dog shaped friend to alert you like a sheep dog to your lost item.

However, it didn't work out that way.

Testing technology

This dog device appears to have a mind of its own.

Instead of reponding to a whistle, it seemingly responds to the slightest of stimulus, but when you actually start whistling or shouting at it, not a peep.

In other words it manages to be really irritating, constantly beeping and completely fails in its task of identifying your keys when you are actually looking for them.

Bad outcomes

The constant bleeping actually led me to hide said dog and keys under a cushion to shut it up.

Result, I walked out without the keys and had to make a longer journey to unlocking my front door than should be necessary.

In other words the key finder made me forget the sodding things.

Gadget fail

Between this and the mice deterent I am not feeling to inspired by 'helpful' technology.

Any thoughts on what I should do with this useless piece of plastic would be happily received.

No comments: