Friday 26 July 2013

Frustrating fasting

So, I did a fast yesterday.

I called my friend up in a dim moment yesterday to ask him to lunch, to be politely reminded that he was fasting for Ramadan, which my slightly clearer mind knew all along.

This led us into a discussion about fasting in general.

Wary

He suggested that I complete a fast as well.

I aired my concern that this would overly affect my mood in a dangerous way and declined.

Then after hanging up the phone I still had not eaten anything and it was already two o'clock.

Challenge accepted

So I accepted his challenge and decided to do a fast, allowing myself liquids until sunset.

I was finding things quite easy having little to do that day.

However, when confronted wit human interaction I was markedly shorter than usual and got a bit tearful.

Challenge achieved

However, I did make it to the end of the day without eating, but I won't be doing it again.

I don't think being moody and tearful is a positive thing for me to offer up to the world, so I don't see myself fasting like this again.

No comments: