Monday 1 July 2013

Superman's slipping

I skipped off to the cinema to see Man of Steel with memories of Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder in my head.

Yes, I know it was a long time ago, but that is still my bar.

The trailer blew me away, I was excited, pretty foolish at my age

Back to the beginning

So we're winding back to the origin story, again, you'd think they would have moved on from there.

The planet Krypton faces imminent destruction due to its unstable core.

Jor-El (Russel Crowe) faces general Zod and launches his son Kal-El off Krypton to save his life, sound familiar..?

Kal-El (Henry Cavill) then has to forge his new destiny on earth, where the past comes calling...

Entertaining but earnest

The plot is paper thin and I miss all the knowing nods and slightly camp humour of the first Superman adventure, I'm sorry, I'm a bit old... 

Amy Adams makes for a far too flirty Lois Lane.

I expect Lois to be hard bitten and sassy, not to go bouncing around in crisis situations with her hair falling in her eyes.

I'm sorry but I really wish I hadn't gone to the cinema for this one, your kids might like it though.




No comments: