Friday 14 January 2011

My three song review

I went to another Chekhov's Rifle gig last night; I did say I'd seen them a lot, sue me I enjoy it.

Anyway this isn't about them.

This is my three song review of the Brown Brogues, the last act on the bill.

I would have loved to stay for more than three songs, but I had to leave.

The three song review

I was uninspired by seeing two young guys, one with guitar, one with drums.

My first thought, so they think they're The White Stripes...

My second thought, what is that awful noise the guitarist is making soundchecking the mic, oh please, my head, my head.

My third, oh he's actually making warped but recognisable noises now, that's quite fun.

The gig proper

To me they sounded a bit like The White Stripes mixed with The Hives.

It was very infectious and promised some variation as the third song managed to sound slightly psychadelic despite the paired down instrumentation.

I had fun, I didn't want to leave.

For the music geeks

The distorted mic two piece has apparently been done before by Lightning Bolt.

However, I think these two weren't carbon copies.

Influenced quite strongly perhaps, but not complete rip off merchants.

All in all a good night at The Silver Bullet, next time I'm staying longer.

No comments: