Saturday 6 November 2010

The Savage Nomads - the alternative bonfire

I ventured out last night to see The Savage Nomads, with absolutely no expectations (despite being told "I think you'll like them.")

I was suitably impressed.

They even made me forget that I probably won't be seeing any fireworks displays this year.

In amongst all the third rate indie/rock bands that seem to be acosting my ears at the moment this bunch of spritely lads are a breath of fresh air.

It's not often that I see a band and spend the following day searching youtube clips to share with my friends, and then feel that those clips don't do the band justice.

These guys are a live band through and through with an easy confidence that makes their stage performance all the more compelling.

The singers style is reminiscent of Incubus, with a more British twang.

(Though I wonder whether he might be a little too young for Brandon Boyd to have been much of an influence, and possibly a mite too cool).

They're definitely not carbon copies of anyone, but not quite mind blowing perfection either.

But there's an infectious promise there - I might just place a bet that in a couple of years time they'll be playing far bigger venues than The Hope and Anchor.

No comments: