Monday 22 November 2010

Legend of the Guardians: 300 with Owls it isn't

I am quite squishy at heart.

I get sickened by cheese at the same time as liking positive messages and films like Happy Feet.

So all the advertising and reviews of Legend of the Guardians sucked me in.

Christmas was approaching, the guy on Newsnight Review said: "It's like 300 with Owls", The Guardian said: "a cross between The Lion King and Star Wars - but with owls."

So, there was definitely going to be owls in it and it looked like it might be, slightly too innocent for my age, fun.

I'm sorry but it wasn't 300 with Owls by any stretch of the imagination and could only be compared to the newer, shitter, Star Wars episodes.

Legend of the Guardians was also made by the same people as Happy Feet, another draw.

This wasn't a patch on Happy Feet.

There were touches of good story telling, but overall it was disappointing and it lacked a real crescendo.

The end sort of caught me by surprise with a distinct: "Is that it?" feeling.

At best this film was cosy.

Also, I can't see 3D - it's getting old, I just want a good film.

1 comment:

hangoverfood said...

Uuummm, there where scenes that were actually from 300 in guardians.