Tuesday 24 June 2008

Day nine in the NATO Northwood headquarters

Day nine in the NATO exercise and I'm slightly disappointed that it hasn't prompted any articles from the ships.

So as a result it has been quite a quiet day, with me mainly making up articles and doing the odd inject.

I think I must have been getting a bit restless because I came up with "Ping Pong panned", not my headline, my slightly silly story made up story, which you can have a look at for your own amusement...

PONTEAREAS - The Westland table tennis tournament in Ponteareas was cancelled today due to power shortages caused by the destruction of the Vaneo gas receiving station.

Westland's finest table tennis players are swiping the air following the cancellation of today's tournament.

The games are played indoors, making it impossible for the games to proceed.

"I'm glad it's been cancelled," says Marco Gonzales, one of the competitors. "My cousin died in the Jumblez attack, we were close and my mind has not been on my game."

Other players are simply frustrated, as much because of the overall effect the energy shortage is having as because today's game has been cancelled.

Franco Romero, last year's runner up, said: "I was in a bad mood even before the tournament was cancelled.

"I'm living off cheese sandwiches, it's ridiculous. We need gas".


Yep delirium was definitely setting in.

Also got another fun one about the mastermind behind the attack...

LISBON - Helena Ricardo has been revealed as the mastermind behind yesterday's suicide attack at the Vaneo gas receiving station.

A Dorian from Westland, who does not wish to be named, claims that he overheard Jumblez militia talking about Helena's role in the attack. They were talking about the attack in a bid to recruit Dorians from one of the refugee camps.

Ricardo was highly trained in explosives, martial arts and artillery at a Jumblez camp in the Pyrenees. She previously worked for the Jumblez Northland government as an intelligence operative, during their brief spell in power from January to March 2008.

When the leadership were indicted, by the International Criminal Tribunal for Northland, she went underground. She was believed to have been accidentally killed in May when Northland and the UN were disarming Jumblez but in fact she was just injured and went off to train in Uliz.

Her training was clearly advanced enough for her to have orchestrated the highly sophisticated attack on the Vaneo gas receiving station in Westland, which resulted in the deaths of 82 people.


My original article said that she was severely disfigured.

But as "Helena" was a re-working of an English name of someone on the team who said she'd like to be part of the scenario everyone was worried she might be offended.

I was honestly just being creative, but Michael decided it was some kind of "chick thing"..?

No comments: