Wednesday 25 June 2008

Day ten in the NATO Northwood headquarters

Day ten in the NATO exercise and everyone apart from Mia is back from the ships so there was next to nothing from Spain.

As a result another quiet day, spent wondering what articles we could make up to pad out the scenario.

I ended up making up a bit of a heart wrenching, or at least what I tried to make heart wrenching, article on the state that Vaneo (town by the gas explosion) was in a few days after the attack.


Then in the evening I was introduced to what is known as a "beer call", never really come across the term before.

This basically involved everyone who had been involved in the exercise trouping off to a free bar that served beer and cider.

Having had no time to eat and a limited bar opening time I was decidedly tipsy/pissed by the time we went back and I caught most of the first half of the football.

Missed the second half thanks to an ill advised plan of going to see it at the pub, that turned out to be closed - so we ended up at one without a TV.

So I received the final score by text, rubbish.

No comments: