Saturday 21 June 2008

Day six in the NATO Northwood headquarters

Day six in the NATO exercise and I’m wondering where my brain has gone.

I used to have this lovely, sharp brain that used its initiative and was generally pretty on the ball.

Now I have a brain more like this guy that I went out with for a bit at University.

Nothing wrong with the brain as such, academically quite astute, just incapable of coping with picking up details, or in his case opening his own door.

Needless to say I feel bad for having laughed at him now, even if it was an affectionate laugh.

I don’t want his brain.

I want my brain.

The worrying thing is I’m not entirely sure when I lost it.

I think it had definitely gone missing round the middle of last term.

There was certainly no sign of it over the summer term or in the past couple of weeks.

It doesn’t help that the brains of the people around me seem to be perfectly fine.

They haven’t lost, wounded or inebriated theirs.

It’s just not fair.

No comments: